Sunday, November 16, 2008

OK the cough won. I finally gave in and took Liam to the doctor yesterday. It had gone on long enough and though Delsym put up a good fight it was no match for his relentless hacking. We're now on the road to recovery with Zithromycin. That stuff works wonders (and fast too). He's got to get over this, we've got a giant mouse to hang out with pretty soon.
It was off to the book fair at school next. We got some cool new books to read. Liam even bought Lane a book about panda bears. (you know, 'cause they're black & white). He is an AWESOME brother, always thinking of "his little buddy". We had to read them as soon as we got home. I would like to brag on my boy and say that he read the entire Scooby-Doo Scary Safari book to me. That was 32 pages. I was so impressed. I told him I would have to tell Mrs. Hicks and he said "can you send her an e-mail now?" He was proud of himself for that accomplishment and so was I.
Lane hung out with his daddy while we ran around in the cold, but it was soon his turn for an outing. He had his 2 year pictures taken by a very nice lady named Barrie Taylor. Susan has taken her kids there and they turned out very well so we thought we'd try. Lane is not the easiest kid to photograph but she was very sweet and understanding of his issues. She really worked with him and even let Liam get in a few. We'd planned on doing them outside but the weather didn't cooperate. We'll try again in the spring. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

hi Ellen! Just found your blog- I've followed caring bridge news in the past, and have heard the same frustration with the "timing out" issues. Glad you found an easier site. We hope to visit you this week- once we all fight off this nasty cold we all have- sounds like Caroline has the cough that Lane had! Have a great week-hope to see you soon!

Love- Suzi